Friday 10 February 2017

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Èclat Blur Primer Product Review

Over Christmas I picked up a few pieces in the Feel Unique sale, one of my most wanted products included. Yves Saint Laurent is a brand whose products I love, their eyeshadow palettes are incredibly pigmented and their highlighters are out of this world and I am always eager to get my hands on more of their products. One of their ranges that I have been lusting after from afar is the Touche Èclat collection so while on sale I picked up the blur primer which I thought I’d share with you today.

As always I like to start with the packaging (I’m a sucker for nice packaging), YSL package all of their products in a beautiful, shiny gold box with black matte writing which draws you immediately to the product. The product bottle is also alluring with its gold lid and glass, cylindrical  bottle that allows you to see the product inside and it looks great on my dressing table. I really love that the bottle is glass rather than plastic, I love good quality packaging, it makes the product that little bit more special. The last comment I’d like to make about the packaging is the pump dispenser. I love having a pump on a liquid product, it stops you pouring out too much product and saves things from getting messy.

YSL Touche Èclat Blur Primer is a gel primer flecked with gold glitter, who doesn’t love glitterm the more the better right? Like I said this is a gel product so when you first pump some onto the back of your hand it does feel kind of gloopy but as soon as you start to apply it to your skin, the formula becomes velvety smooth and leaves your face feeling amazing. As the name suggests, the product blurs imperfections, minimising the appearance of pores thus giving you the perfect base to apply the rest of your makeup. The little flecks of glitter in the product blend in with the skin and make your face radiant when the light catches it.


I’m not a big makeup wearer during the week, I enjoy that extra half hour in bed too much to get up and apply a full face of makeup but this primer has changed that. With the pore minimising and the lovely glow you get from this product, I find that applying this on its own is enough to stop my morning face from scaring my colleagues. It also applies beautifully under foundation. I tested this under a full face of makeup on a busy, winter day in Scotland battling the wind and rain and I’m pleased to report that my makeup didn’t budge after a good 8-10 hours wear.

The Touche Èclat Blur Primer is definitely an amazing primer and I can’t wait to try other products from the Touche Èclat collection starting with the foundation so look out for an update here when I do.  Have you tried the primer? What are your thoughts on it? Be sure to share your thoughts.

Luisa

xo

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for a good primer. After our review, I think I am going to go in for a Touche Èclat Blur Primer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com