Sunday 10 July 2016

ready, set, BROW!

How many of us can put up our hands and say we see something we like the look of buy don’t buy incase we don’t like it? It happens often, especially when it comes to a beauty product or a new perfume. A quick spray of a fragrance tester or trying a product on the back of your hand never gives a true representation of the product. Is there a way to properly try out a product before we commit to purchasing it? Why yes, there is. Magazine samples. 

Many of the big fashion and beauty magazines often come with samples of new products or products that are soon to be launched, allowing the reader to properly try the product before purchasing it at full size. In this months copy of Marie Claire was Benefits ready, set, BROW! eyebrow gel. 

A brow gel is not something that I would normally pick up but like with most things I was prepared to give it a go. What is ready, set, Brow! you say? Well it is a clear brow gel that shapes & tames brows and locks on makeup so brows don’t melt away. The dual-sided wand coats hairs from root to tip and the flexible, flake-free formula is easy to apply and quick to dry and is said to last for 24 hours.



Naturally I had to put its staying power to the test. Initially I was just going to apply alongside my normal makeup and see how I got on during the day but where is the fun in that. Instead I did my eyebrows before bed (makeup to bed, gross I know) and coated them with the gel. I’m not a still sleeper, I toss and turn a lot meaning that I can truly test the staying power of the brow product. I went to bed with flawless brows and when I woke up, well they weren’t flawless as they were when I went to bed but they were still pretty defined and the hairs still I'm place. I did also to the traditional test to see how my brows would fare during the day and am happy to report my brows did’t budge despite being subject to lot’s of rain.

So is ready, set, BROW! a success? Definitely, my brows lasted all day (and night) and looked fab. The only downside I have is that the gel feels weird when first applied and smells funny but for the result, it is certainly worth it.

Luisa

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com